Sunday, January 30, 2011

Movin' on and I'm ok with it.

In fact I fill down right powerful 'bout now. It's been a wonderful realization to make. I've got myself confidence back, or I just got it (that's probably the more accurate statement.) Long story made short: I was in love with a good friend and it was starting to kill me that he didn't feel the same. But I've had a break through in the last few days. I am in fact still in love with that man, but he is no longer that man. He has turned back into a boy or a small man child. So while my heart was broken and for a time betrayed. Its ok. In fact its great. I realize now that I deserve so so so much better.

Now I realize that I'm not perfect by any means. Yea there are things about me that I need to work on. Yes I release I am not in the best of shape, therefore I am not the most attractive person. But guess what, I'm working on it. I've set goals, made plans, and things are already starting to change.

For the last little while the Kelly Clarkson song "Since You've Been Gone" has been running through my head. The lyrics are so true to some of the things I have been feeling and going through. So here's a few of the lyrics that have especially rang true. (lyrics are italicized, my thoughts or comments are not)

Here's the thing we started off friends
It was cool but it was all pretend


How can I put it? you put me on
I even fell for that stupid love song
(or smirk)

How come I never hear you say
I just wanna be with you
I guess you never felt that way

You had your chance you blew it
(BIG MISTAKE!)
Out of sight, out of mind (goodbye)
Shut your mouth I just can't take it (don't even try)
Again and again and again and again

Since you've been gone
I can breathe for the first time
(thank you for giving me my self-confidence back)
Im so movin on (starting right now!)
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
I get what I want
I can breathe for the first time
(blessed freedom)
Im so movin on
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you
Now I get
You should know
That I get
I get what I want
Since you've been gone


In case you want to watch the music video here it is:



I really do love this, with one exception. I really don't like her shirt when she is on stage. Its just plain ugly!! But that's my only complaint! ;)

Well that's all for now. I love you all!!! Thank you all for your continual love, support and kind words!!!

Have a blessed day!
Mal

1 comment:

  1. Smiles, warm fuzzies, reading your blog is making my Sunday morning! You are an amazing woman, my muffin. Cheers and Blessings on you! Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete