Anyways that's not what this is about, well I guess it is kinda is, but what I want to focus on is different. I called my dad when I got the news and he did his best to reassure me that things will be ok, that it wouldn't matter in the long run. That was all well and good and I appreciated it, but I was still hurting.
This evening we talked again. But this time he reminded me of why I'm in law school, why they admitted me in the first place. My father reminded me that they admitted me not because of my amazing grades (but they were good), not because of my LSAT score (but really it was horrible), not because of my writing abilities (because I apparently don't have any), but because of my heart (I got one). They admitted me because I want to help people, I want to be a champion for the weak and the helpless, to help those who can't help themselves. And I will be good at it.
I may not be the best orator, I may not be at the top of my class, I may not end up working at the big law firm in New York or even Salt Lake. But I knew going in that that wasn't what I wanted. I have heart, I have a big heart. That's why I saw success on my mission, that's why I've received the callings I have in church, frankly that's what makes me, me.
So I hit a brick wall, as my mom would say maybe its a sign as to a path I'm not supposed to take, maybe its not. Life is full of difficult situations so that we can learn and grow, to discover who we really are, that's why we are on this earth in the first place. I am sincerely grateful for parents who help me remember who I am - some one with a really big heart, who's purpose in life is to help others. And I choose to do it through law.
No comments:
Post a Comment