So we started this demotivational chain on our class facebook page. Bottom line, law school is really really rough. I am struggling to not let it kick my butt or get me down, but like I said its a struggle. All of these things are true. They may not make sense to those of you who aren't in law school or have never been in law school, but I'm pretty sure you can understand most of them.
Eric: Law school, helping extraordinarily bright people feel like routine idiots daily.
Brad: Law School, because everyone should feel mediocre.
Zac: Law School, just in case you weren’t already self-loathing.
Stanley: Law School, for the intellectual masochist.
Spencer: Law School, where clubs are referred to by the food they are serving.
South: Law School, I’m only enduring this hell cuz I ain’t found a wife yet.
Zac: Law School, making intensive manual labor appealing since 1831.
Steven: Law School, don’t worry if you’re not in the top 10%. You’re still better than everybody else.
Cherise: Law School, pay no attention to grades and love thyself no matter what because you’re not your rank and I can say that because I graduated top of my class was editor of the law review and clerked on the supreme court.
Brody: Law School, institutionalizing that special moment in life when you realize you really aren’t that special.
Eric: Law School, where you learn to impress your friends with misleading comments like: “ya, I’m it! I’m in the top 95% of my class.”
Dustin: Law School, because you wanted to impress people and couldn’t get into med school.
Geidy: Law School, making natural childbirth in a third-world country with a one-eyed midwife sound like a good day.
Zac: Law School, proving that privileged people in the wealthiest nation in the world can still find something to complain about.
Brody: Law School, sticking it to 2nd Nephi 2:25
Daniel: Law School, disproving 90% of mothers who tell their children they can do anything they set their mind to.
Daniel: Law School, isn’t it about . . . . time?
Eric: Law School, where “bring light to the law school: was accomplished through a unsanctioned caffeinated soda stock.
Michael: Law School, put the smartest people in undergrad in a room and rank them.
Michael: Law School, lesson in humility, or stupidity.
Aaron: Law School, where professors have to teach you that there’s still such a thing as honesty.
Blake: Law School, that sinking feeling you get when you realize that this semester’s writing class is going to be just like last semester’s, except you’re going to receive even less credit for it.
Dash: Law School, where there is no right answer to any issue taught.
David: Law School, where knowing is NOT half the battle. Knowing a 3L with a good outline is.
Jedediah: Law School, where everything is a competition.
Zac: Law School, for those who enjoy the feeling of being kicked in the groin daily, but fear the long-term physical consequences.
Me: Law School, just when you feel like you have found something you might succeed at, you get a very large slap in the face instead.
I just about DIED laughing while reading this!!! So true on so many levels that it isn't funny. Tragically the cynical outlook doesn't end when you reach the end of law school. In fact, I think it gets worse.
ReplyDelete