Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sons

Since I am home this semester, along with working full time as my mom's personal assistant/ campaign manager, I have taken on many responsibilities around the house, one of which is being the soccer mom for my youngest brother's soccer team. As such I have not missed one game this season. It has been a lot of fun and a great stress relief from the campaign. Because I was always at their games, the boys started calling me "mom." At first I was like "wait, hold up, I'm not old enough to be your mom. There is no way I gave birth to seventeen 0r eighteen 16-year-olds when I was only 4." But after a little while, it started to grow on me and it became weird to hear these boys call me anything but "mom." It got to the point where they were asking me questions like "mom, why aren't you married? Mom, where's my dad? Mom I can't keep living like this, I need a dad." From anyone else but these boys, I probably would have been offended and given them a black eye, but not from these boys, it was just funny. It even got to the point where my younger brother accidentally called me "mom" a few times. They were always so excited to see me, and ran over and gave me great big hugs when ever they saw me (I even got tackled to the ground once or twice.) It really was an awesome learning and growing experience, and for that I want to thank them and tell them how much I love and appreciate each and everyone of them. Unfortunately the season is now over, but these boys will forever be "my sons."

No comments:

Post a Comment