So I'm completely crushing on this guy, like I don't know what to do about it crushing. And to make it worse he recently asked me if I'd like to go out with him some time then got my number. Well guess what, he hasn't called yet. I know I know, I realize that its only been 4 days, but I'm really anxious about it. Like I said previously I'm completely crushing on him. But wait I should probably back up.
This guy moved into my ward part way through January. I thought he was attractive, he seemed nice, and I could tell he was very intelligent but I didn't think anymore of it. Why would I? Guys don't give me attention, besides I have been so completely swamped with just trying to survive my first year of law school, I wasn't letting myself be distracted. There was also the fact that he was obviously into a friend of mine in the ward, and there is no competing with her. Lets be honest, if I was a guy I would so try and date her, so I didn't blame him.
Jump forward to a couple of weeks ago. This same friend tells me she wants me to date someone she knows, that we'd be perfect together. I said sure, why not I've got nothing else going on in my social calender. Turns out its this same guy that I had previously noticed. Apparently a few weeks before he had taken her out on a date. She said it was nice and all, but the entire time she kept thinking about how perfect he was for me. To myself I'm thinking, "Sweet! Now he just needs to notice me, and that's going to be hard when I can't hold a candle to her." But I tell her I'm game. Well he happened to be there that night as well, and I got to hear him sing (what a voice!) and he asked me to swing dance with him (so much fun!), bottom line I started to remember why I was attracted to him in the first place.
Well that night I went home and did what any typical girl my age does . . . I Facebook stalked him (I know, I know, I'm so shallow and dumb.) Well I did learn a few more interesting things about him, but the best part was stumbling across his blog. (Man I love the internet and what it does to enable my stalking tendencies ;) ). His blog was fantastic. I really felt like I was getting to know him and learning a little bit more about him, which just made me want to know him more. He really is as intelligent if not more so then I originally thought, he is also quite eloquent in his writing abilities. Since that night, this same friend of mine has done her best to facilitate opportunities for us to get to know each other better, and for him to ask me out. And as I previously mentioned he finally asked (well kind of) it happened after Sunday School after I complimented him on something.
Now I just have to be patient and wait. Unfortunately patience is not one of my strongest attributes, especially when its something that I really want to have happen!! Oh man, rereading all of this I realize how much I sound like a silly little school girl . . . . o well, I had to get what I've been feeling off my chest and what better way to do it, then to post it publicly where the whole wide world can read it. Ehh, I'ma risk it.
Did anything ever happen with this guy?!
ReplyDeleteUpdate on this. He never called. It hurt at first, but then I left for Alabama and moved on. :)
ReplyDelete