"'I'm not sure if there's one right place I'm supposed to be, (s)he said, but I know a couple of wrong places I'd give a second try in a heartbeat.'
Story People
My hair always looks as if I never brush it. I do brush it. Once. In the morning. That's enough times with the brushing.
I do know, in regards to the quote, that I am in a right place for me at the moment. Every time I leave an overly air conditioned office building / restaurant / store / etc. and I get that first, initial blast of warm desert air - the warm hug of the desert - I smile and I feel it deep inside. I stand there and I think about how things are just grand and how I some times can't really believe how life has worked out and how this worked out, like most things do if I give them time.
Then the reality of 109 degrees on my skin hits and I go find some shade.
It's like Wendy said: "Hugs have time limits before they reach that uncomfortable stage."
She's so smart."
I don't know where I read this, but when I did it struck me as truth. So I felt a need to share it.
There are many times when I just feel lost in this life. But every now and then that feeling of peace that the Spirit brings hits me, and I know that I am exactly where I am suppose to be, doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I guess one of the goals in life is to have that feeling more and more. One day I might get there, at least one day I hope to be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment