Thursday, February 17, 2011

Missions

So my cousin sent this home in his most recent email. It is so true!! So I had to share.

" I´m so grateful to be a missionary! every day it just keeps getting better and better! I COULD NOT IMAGINE raising a family, with out those experience of the mission. EVERY YOUNG MAN NEEDS to serve a mission.. if you don´t.... you're being selfish. you're only thinking about yourself, your desires, your interests, the things you think are better worth your time. its the MOST SELFISH THING YOU COULD DO IN YOUR LIFE. I really believe that! forget your self and go to work. your not just hurting yourself or the chosen people who are waiting to hear YOUR Testimony. but you are hurting your future family. your future wife, your future kids and grandkids. how can you expect them to serve the lord, if you're not willing to serve him first? the only way to true happiness is serving and learning from experiences from the mission of what will help you as a father in the gospel of Jesus Christ. A new scripture I love is, the worker is worth his salary. if you don´t serve, don´t expect a happy life. if you do serve the lord... expect true happiness. cause that is a promise from the lord. I don't know why I felt like I needed to share all of that with you. but I honestly quill when I hear a young man say he doesn´t wanna serve a mission. I hope this may help at least one person have the desire to serve the lord. it doesn´t have to be just a mission, but just looking for ways to help God´s plan come forth!!"

What a great missionary. If people are offended by Elder Grange's statements, then they are choosing to be offended by the truth! I am so grateful that he has gained a testimony of what a mission really is (I knew he had/ would, but its always great to hear/ read it.) Missions really are about saving souls, and usually the soul you are working to save the hardest is your own. I can tell Elder Grange is one of those missionaries that I loved serving around. They knew and understood their purpose. He understands its not about him. True and complete boldness, without fear of repercussion (especially from family and friends) is always a sign of a great missionary. It's when missionaries aren't offending people that you have to worry.

I am so proud of my cousin and my brother and the amazing work that are doing bring souls to Christ! Keep it up boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment